Course duration: 8 Hours
Mandatory training for Fire Marshalls or workplace Fire Safety Inspectors with delegated duties under the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 This course contains theory and practical elements training your staff, not only in the generic duties of the fire marshal and fire safety inspector, but also in the specifics involved in your own workplace making the training much more relevant and effective.
On completion of the course candidates will be trained to:
• Understand how fire works
• Understand human behaviour in an emergency
• Be vigilant to fire hazards in the workplace
• Consider safe storage and work practices
• Understand the emergency procedures in your own workplace
• Carry out a workplace fire safety inspections and testing
• Produce a workplace fire risk assessment
• Take responsibility for safe actions and evacuation during an emergency
• Use fire extinguishers correctly and safely
• Laisse with the fire authority during an emergency
On completion of the course and assessment, the delegates will receive the SQA approved, nationally recognised Fire Marshall Certificate valid for 3 years. Fire Marshals will also receive a fire safety handbook.
Please Contact Us for further information.